I was just thinking today about how important it is for your kids to see you reading the Bible. It's so easy to wait until they are asleep so you can have a true quiet time but it is definately a skill that your kids have to learn. I've slacked off on this lately, but when I first started Dean would pitch a fit. He either wanted to flip through those delicate pages or he would ask for food, drinks etc. After a while he got used to it and would get his Bible and read with me. Now I never had amazing revelations from God during these times, I hardly would stay focused on what I was reading but it was great for him to see me reading.
So many times I focus on not doing certain things in front of my kids (like road rage, saying "crap") and I need to remember to let them see me doing positive things (reading my Bible, hugging and kissing my husband, helping others, giving money to a person on the street) I want to get back to that. Monkey see, monkey do....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment