Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let's get this party started!

I realized sooner than too late that I've been obsessing about thigs that do not matter. I've come to realize that the reason I stay at home is not to wash the dishes, fold the laundry or organize the closets. I am at home to play with my kids. To spend time with them; wrestle on the floor, make cookies (make a mess), dress up, watch SpongeBob..... When I first became a mom, I was consumed by keeping my house clean and I spent hours a week wandering through walmart trying to fill the hours because I just did not know what I was supposed to be doing. I would sit my infant son in his bouncer and I'd clean the house... what a waste of time, because it just got dirty again.

Now, I'm as task-oriented as they come. I make to-do lists about making to-do lists. I love to cross things out and I have even written down a thing or two after completed, just to cross it off (I know, weird).

I've had to let it all go. Maybe the laundry stays on the couch for 2 days, maybe the bathroom mirror has toothpaste on it..... but today I went for a walk with my son.

My house may be messy but I'm having fun with my kids :)

So, now I have a 5 1/2 year old son and a 18 month old daughter. I am working every day to let the chores go and to enjoy the short precious moments I have with my kids.

Keep posted for my blogs of fun things to do with your kids and the chores you can skip. I promise you won't regret it :)

No comments: